Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Page Protectors

Short on scrapping time? Have a lot of photos you want to preserve? Want to include journaling too? Here is a really quick tip to help you save time, get some scrapping done, preserve as many photos as you would like, and even include journaling. Use your page protectors! They are not just for holding your completed scrapbook pages! Page protectors can be used to help you display many photos from a special event, trip, holiday gathering, you name it. You can get page protectors that include pockets of different sizes and layouts. They can be interspersed into your scrapbook along with your scrapped layout pages. And they come in sizes to fit most scrapbook albums (ie., 12x12, 8x8, 6x6).



A few years ago my family took a cross country trip to California. We visited so many places and did so many fun things. Knowing that we would not get back there any time soon, we took loads of photos! I wanted to have most of the photos included in our trip scrapbook. Not all of the photos needed to have a layout designed for them. And I didn't want to spend so much time on this project that I missed out on scrapping other events. Know what I mean? So I used a combination of page protectors to help speed the process. I still got to include all my photos, some journaling and a touch of creativity.



For this project I was using a 3-ring style 12x12 album. My layouts used the full 12x12 page protectors. My photos were printed in 4x6 format so I intermixed 12x12 protectors with 4x6 pockets. I would include 5 photos per page. One pocket was reserved for journaling. Incorporating the colors, papers and embellies that you are using on your scrapped pages can help give this type of album a consistent look.


5 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea!! I never would have thought about using those pocketed pages like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I recently did a post simmilar on my blog! Love your pages and I'm really digging those page protectors and how quick they can make your scrapbooking be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and Memory Works (www.memory-works.com) has a great new line called Simple Stories. Its along these lines. They created 12x12 sheets of paper that can be cut apart to fit in their assortment of page protectors (made by We R Memory Keepers I think). Such a great kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been meaning to buy some of these...thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great idea Cathy! I'm doing something similar with the Becky Higgins Project Life kit. I didn't even know they made 4x6 page protectors until that project came out. LOL Your layouts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete