Thursday, March 17, 2011

Friday Featured Artist: Stamp Versatility by Mitra

Glad you are here to learn an idea from another artist on a fabulous Friday! Our featured artist for today, Mitra, comes from New York and is going to share a great idea on how to use a stamp over and over on different types of layouts and projects for neat looks! To get a taste of Mitra's style, you need to visit her blog, http://mitralee.blogspot.com/. On her beautiful blog, you will see her her unique classic style and lots of pretty projects .. so make you visit :) Let's get to know Mitra a little better!!

 

 Hello fellow scrappers! Let me just say that although I have been scrappin’ for about ten years now and have no idea how many albums I have filled, blogging for me is quite new. I love to share my pages, but really was only doing it among a little core group of scrappers that met monthly. A move to the North Country in NY was difficult as I had to leave all my scrappin’ buddies behind. Luckily through Sara Zenger (who is also a contributing artist for this blog), I was introduced to the on-line variety of scrap buddies and I can enjoy seeing new pages, new ideas, and new products ! I find myself blogging quite regularly, so if you want to visit my blog:
http://mitralee.blogspot.com/
I’d love it even more if I had followers…but that is up to you!!



Stamp Versatility by Mitra

I’d like to share some ideas around stamping with you. I bought this stamp (it happens to be a stamp from Close to My Heart) a while back. It was an impulse purchase meaning that I stared at it in the catalog for months and then randomly ordered it. It didn’t fit with “sensible” and being able to use it over and over. As usual, I was wrong. I use it all the time!


In the “Rainbow over Potsdam” page I use the stamp in a traditional sense with all the right colors. Of course it was  a rainbow page…so made a lot of sense! 


In the “Bucket Filler” page I didn’t want all the extra color and was trying to pull out the blue on his award. I liked the rainbow in various shades of blue! Of course the puffy clouds I found (Jolees) were also fun.


I used it again in the “Dream” page using the same color of stamps to also ink up the letters.


My newest project using this rainbow stamp was the green box I made up to celebrate St. Patty’s Day.


I didn’t have anything to decorate with for that holiday and my friend found this box on sale & shared. It’s greenness spoke to me! And I thought it needed a rainbow with lots of rainbow colored flowers. The green knitted piece is from Purple Pumpkin who routinely has some really cool stuff…they can be found at: http://purplepumpkincrafts.blogspot.com/.


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thank you so much for sharing your stamping idea and projects with us, Mitra!!


4 comments:

  1. Great ideas!!! I am so happy I could I help you out! Cant wait to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy that Mitra lives right next door to me. She has inspired me sooo much and now I scrap all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool post! I always forget to try using my themed stamps on different layouts.

    ReplyDelete