Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lacking to Lavish Layouts

Some of the most common things we do as new scrapbookers is put limited layers and few textures or details on our layouts. Often our design concept/composition is good but we fail to add the extras that turn them from flat to fabulous. I was no exception to this when I started this hobby (almost 3 years ago). Once a month I plan on revisiting two of my older layouts and sharing with you how a few simple changes can drastically improve the look of your project.

Here is my finished revamp of my "cute" layout:

Here is the original:

All I did was add a gorgeous Prima butterfly, some dollar store bling flourishes, four small flowers from my stash and then I made two of my large handmade shabby crinkle flowers (omitting the last step #5 - don't squish it towards the center). These few simple additions gives the layout some texture and dimension that was missing. The flowers also help "anchor" the page so to speak.

For my second layout, I updated my "bliss" layout:

Here is the original:

For this one, I simply ripped off my sad little punched flower and replaced it with a Prima flower and leaves. I also added a Prima leaf bling, butterfly and individual pearls. Adding the gold and black really gives contrast to this page and a more polished look.

I hope you enjoyed my little fun adventure. Tune in at the beginning of next month when I pick two more of my "newbie" layouts that badly need a facelift. Please note: The revised layouts were also taken with a much better quality camera (Canon Rebel T2i) that I just got for Christmas from my hubby. It takes fantastic interior shots!

5 comments:

  1. I love seeing before and after LOs. You really did a great job of improving your already nice looking LOs. Looking forward to this feature next month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool idea Vicky! There are many layouts that I could go back and revamp. I love the changes that you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discover your blog and I am one fan that of new ideas that of right-hand pages bravo. Your examples are wonderful and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. I love that you were able to take an already pretty page and make it even better!

    ReplyDelete