Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Designer Showcase: Back to School

Oh my, it is that time again. Time for the return to school. In your area the kids may have already started back. Some areas have their first day of school coming up over the next few weeks.  Or maybe you home-school and you are gearing up for the return to that daily routine.  This week we've got some inspiration for you!
In this first layout, Heather has created a really neat vintage look with the use of colors and papers with a grungy, distressed texture.  I also like the way she broke up her journaling strips.  Adds that little bit of detail that keeps you intrigued!

The details in this layout that Heather created are so cute! The colors and designs of the papers are so "preppy" and really carry out the overall feel of the page.  The little elements are so precious, that school chair is really sweet!  Even little details like the border punches used really add some zing to the design.  The bracket punch along the top with the polka dot paper is dressy, yet blends right in with the uniformed attire of her daughters, and the notebook edge used on the block of paper in the middle is perfect for the school theme!

Last year was the "last" back to school for my oldest son.  So to speak.  He graduated from high school and will be starting college this Fall.  He groaned something about being too old for this, when I asked him to let me take photos on the first day back to school. Since it was a special "back to school" I wanted to draw attention to the journaling. I used the arrow to highlight it.

As you think about back to school, I'll leave you with one more project to get you inspired. This is an altered organizer that I created as a thank you for a very special teacher.  It started out as a plain wooden organizer with a drawer. I covered it with papers and elements and created a "teacher survival kit".  I found some great ideas for the contents at this link.

Whether you look forward to this time of year with excitement, or like me, you wish for just one more week of summer and more time to spend with the kids, I hope you've found some inspiration in this weeks Designer Showcase.

1 comment:

  1. I love your little supply organizer Cathy! Thanks for keeping all of the Designer Showcase stuff organized. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete