Friday, October 28, 2011

Old Product We Miss.. part 1

Happy Friday!! As Cindy pointed out to the group we have hit over 700 posts, can you believe it?? It is the two year anniversary for the blog as well this month!! YEA!!
Today I am sharing some of the contributors favorite papers, companies, tools, etc that are no longer being made. I am doing this for two reasons.. I am hoping that companies see by bringing back older designs and also I will be suggesting which products to use instead if I can. See, if one of the contributors misses a product, mostly likely a reader does too :(

What I miss...
I have mentioned a bunch of times, but I miss my Coluzzle. Provocraft released this many years ago and then discontinued it. It was the best ways to cut circles exactly where you wanted them because the template was clear. That allowed me to do circle layering. Let me show you an example in this layout here: Finding the Perfect Pumpkin. This allowed me to create that background.
The GOOD news. I just noticed that X-acto has released something very similar! You can see the clear templates and there is an easy to use swivel knife. Check this out! It is under basic shapes and decorative shapes. There is also a healing mat!!
I also miss my Chatterbox!! There was something so wonderful about those patterns!
I have yet to find a paper line that is the same, but I often buy some lines of My Minds Eye and find that some of the papers are similar. Check out My Minds Eye papers. I would link My Minds Eye but there are so many great papers out there you just need to see them all!

***

Here are the items that Heather misses: BasicGrey Color Me Silly Line and Baby Girl Collection especially with the super sweet elephants.



I still haven't seen a collection that quite matched the BG Color Me Silly, so BG please come out with a Color Me Silly version 2!! Same thing goes for the Baby Girl Collection!
Other options fort these two are Tim Holtz Idea-ology (for baby girl) and another BasicGrey collection with lots of bright colors.


***

Cindy misses two product lines in particular: Scenic Route Paper Company and Mrs. Grossman's Favorite Albums. Scenic Route is missed by a lot of peeople. I know I miss it a lot when I need that go to paper!!



For the album, I am hoping that Mrs. Grossman sees this and brings back those albums!
When I want to get the scenic Route look, I usually chose paper lines like My Minds Eye, Fancy Pants, and Echo Park. Here are some examples that remind me of Scenic Route (in different paper themes/colors):




***

Lastly for today I am sharing the product that Vicky misses! (Next week I will be sharing more products that we miss, so make sure you come back next week!)
Vicky Misses Cosmo Cricket Be Good line... but she found a great replacement for this.. Pion Designs (listed below).


Pion Designs Waiting for Santa 2 is a great because it has the same color palette idea and distressed look with lots of wind swirls, just in more soft, faded vintage colors rather than the rich rustic.


For my post next Friday I will sharing two more of the contributor's products that they miss! Do you have any products that you miss? Now is your time to share!! Post in the comment section and I may include a few of those in my next post!!


3 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten about Chatterbox! Now I miss that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that Basic Grey line! It was fab! Cosmo Cricket was one of the first paper lines I fell in love with! I have been seeing alot of stencils coming back ...especially with the mixed media artists....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I miss Scenic Route too! Thanks so much for the paper suggestions Pammy. I really appreciate you taking the time to search replacements out for us!

    ReplyDelete