Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Designer Showcase: Hexagons

Welcome to this weeks Designer Showcase.  The theme this week is the very trendy and popular hexagon.  So sit back and relax while we share some projects including hexagons to inspire you to use this totally hip shape!



Sarah designed this amazing creation.  There are layers of hexagons on this!She stamped hexagons on the background with some awesome texture. Sarah cut hexagons from various patterned papers.Then on top of that, she fussy cut some hexagon printed paper! That title is so cute too, as is all the stamping and the mild distressing.


Lesley created this masterpiece. She used a Crafter's Workshop template to design the shapes. The papers that she used are Kaisercraft.  Lesley said that she likes to use hexagons, especially on a "boy" page. She uses them instead of flowers. What a great idea.  If you're looking for a way to take a girly page sketch and make a page for a boy, replace the flowers with hexagons!


This is a digi page that I created. I used a background template by Libby Pritchett and the kit is 12 months: May by Penny Stringmann.  I created this layout to feature these designers in a magazine article. I thought that use of the shapes allowed me to show off the various papers in the pack. But I also like that idea of so much variety on this particular page since it was a representation of me and my life up to that point.


Cindy's creative eye looked at this hexagon paper and saw a way to create an interesting border for her card design. I love how she used the hexagons to reflect a beehive.  The little doodled trail that she added after the bee sticker just pumps up the cuteness on this adorable card.


Here is another card made using hexagons. I was making this card for a friend that quilts.The cut through shapes of the hexagons reminds me of a quilt pattern. Which tied in perfectly with the sentiment!

We hope you've enjoyed these great ideas for incorporating hexagons on your next project!


2 comments:

  1. Each and everyone project is fantastic. You ladies rocked the hexagon showcase!!!

    Laurie
    serenityscrappers

    ReplyDelete