Thursday, May 9, 2013

classic birthday layout

Hello!  Tanya here, bringing you a classic birthday layout.

When doing pages about my husband, I try to keep in mind the right balance of being masculine and not too embellished, but also fun and interesting.  This layout seemed to fit the bill for me.

I started this layout with photos from various times (a dinner, the day of his birthday, and after he used his gift cards), that all tied into his birthday.  It's not my typical style, but in this case, told the story I wanted to share.

My background pages are from Echo Park's Birthday Boy mini theme.  I used Stampin' UP! inks that matched the stripes, then stamped and punched the flags using the Pennant Parade set.  I printed my journaling, then used the SU/Sizzix Framelits Labels die set to cut the shape in my Cuttlebug.  I added a few more flags and sticker sentiments, and I was happy with the outcome.  Cute and fun, not too girly ... I think I did it! :)


stamp (simply sweet alpha), twine, brads by Doodlebug Design; ink, stamp (pennant parade), pennant punch by Stampin’ UP!; stamp (year round fun) by Recollections; paper by Echo Park; stamp (happy birthday) by Studio G; paper by The Paper Studio and Bo Bunny; stickers by Bella Blvd; shapes cut with Cuttlebug (Sizzix/SU!framlits labels, Spellbinders nested lacey pennants)

VISIT THE CONTRIBUTOR'S BLOGS/GALLERIES
Cathy Dippolito
Dolores Schaeffer
Cindy deRosier
Marlene Murphy
Lesley Walker
Gael Spence
Sarah Routledge
Sharon Fritchman
Tanya Ham
Sheila Burns
Pam Callaghan





4 comments:

  1. Fun layout, Tanya! I love how you used the echo park paper here and displayed your awesome photos!! I also like how you did your journaling! Thanks for sharing your tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you showed pictures of both during and after his birthday together on the layout. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute banner! The striped paper is really perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout!! I love how the bg paper matches the gift bag in the photo :)

    ReplyDelete